© Surrey Lieutenancy 2019
Role with Armed Forces
The Lord-Lieutenant maintains contact with:
• The Princess of Wales’s Royal Regiment, the county regiment
• The Royal Logistic Corps at Deepcut
• Army Training Regiments at Pirbright
• The Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre at Headley Court.
• Other military organisations in Surrey.
The Lieutenancy is also very supportive of service charities, including:
• The Royal British Legion
• Combat Stress in Leatherhead
• SSAFA Forces Help
• ABF – The Soldiers’ Charity.
The South East Reserve Forces’ and Cadets’ Association (SERFCA), based in Aldershot, co-ordinates the business of the Reserve Forces and the Cadets. The SERFCA website (www.serfca.org) provides a comprehensive view of all Reserve and Cadets activities in Surrey, with links to individual websites.
Military support at county events
Invitations for military support at events in the county by the Reserve Forces, Regulars or Cadets should be made through SERFCA. But as your first step, please contact the Deputy Clerk to the Lieutenancy for information (). In consultation with HQ 2 Brigade – the Regional Brigade HQ responsible for Surrey – SERFCA is always keen to support county occasions where possible. Sometimes demand is high, for example on Armed Forces Day, and it is not always possible to meet all requests.
Active engagement countywide
There is a considerable armed forces presence in the county, receiving support from the Surrey Lieutenancy:
• Regular units are located in Camberley, Frimley, Pirbright, Mytchett and Deepcut
• Army Reserve Centres (ARC) in Farnham (PWRR), Redhill (PWRR) and Reigate (579 Field Squadron RE)
• Surrey Sea Cadet (SSC) – currently eight units (www.sea-cadets.org)
• Surrey Army Cadet Force (ACF) - currently 26 detachments (armycadets.com/county/surrey)
• Surrey Wing Air Training Corps (ATC)- currently 11 detachments (www.surreywing.org)
• Combined Cadet Forces (CCF) – currently seven contingents within Surrey schools.